Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was the first day of my 30th Birthday Celebration Bonanza Year. My good friend, neighbor, and Costa Rica travel companion, Laura, took me for a mani/pedi at Julep in the U-District. We got to drink wine while getting pampered, which was awesome, and then Laura took me to Coupage in Madrona for dinner. I had the black cod and she had the beef yaki soba. We had beignets for dessert, but we eat dessert as the first course so we technically had it as an appetizer. Dinner was really good, too, for a neighborhood restaurant. We both agreed that we liked Coupage more than La Medusa, which is it's counterpart in Columbia City.

We leave for Playa del Carmen, Mexico on Tuesday. I wanted to do something memorable for my 30th, since it's so often I can't remember what I do or what I get for my birthday. I didn't want that to happen for 30. So, Mike's giving me a trip to Playa del Carmen. It's going to be fantastic!

My birthdays are usually at least a week long celebration but for this milestone I'm going for the full year of celebrations. Other trips already scheduled are Washington, D.C. and New York City. Both are business trips I'm extending and Mike isn't coming with me for NYC, but that just means I get to see Lion King on Broadway and Wicked, rather than only one. We're also planning a group trip to Las Vegas in October for Elton John. I want to also do another volunteer vacation. I'm hoping for Uganda but will probably have to settle for Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected