Saturday, June 11, 2011

Trooping the Colour

I had a wonderful time at Trooping the Colour this afternoon.  I love pomp and circumstance and royalty and the Queen's birthday parade didn't disappoint.

I wasn't fully prepared for the event, however; I was just out for an early afternoon stroll, having just dropped Mike off at work.  I had thought I'd missed most of the pageantry, but when I found a gathering crowd I stopped to catch what I could and wound up catching the procession to Buckingham Palace.

It was fun to see the Royal Family in person, never mind how briefly, and, after the very short parade, to walk through the streets of London and really soak up my surroundings.  I'm truly enjoying living in London and, despite most Londoners being maddeningly passive aggressive and bizarrely refusing to standardize pedestrian traffic flow, it's days like this which remind me of that fact.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn you unstandardised pedestrian traffic flow - DAMN YOU! *shaking fist*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected