Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where's The Heat?

I had expected heat this summer.  I know, I know, London is not known for being hot but, in the years prior to moving here, I swear I remember reading articles about London's heat. Heat related articles usually include the number of heat related deaths (sample headlines include: '18-year-old among dead as heat wave continues', 'Mercury tops 50C, 22 die as US swelters under heatwave') and over the years I've begun using these morbid statistics as a barometer for a good summer, at least weather-wise.  I promise, London has had heat related deaths before, and I'm not crazy for expecting heat, but this year there hasn't been one heat related death that I'm aware of.  Come on!

May was beautiful and really set my expectations for the summer.  Unfortunately, since late May we've been stuck in rain and cold reminiscent of a Seattle spring.  This is unacceptable.  I demand heat and sun!  I have just over a month left before we move back north and if I don't get enough heat to last me another 9 months in Scotland I may start cutting myself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No cutting!!!!!!

sabra said...

All I know about British weather comes from Jane Austin novels. And based on that wide research, isn't the only sun in Bath?

-

Unknown said...

Excellent! I knew there was a reason why I wanted to visit Bath. We're going in August. Stay tuned.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected