Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I Was (Pooh) Framed

I’m not sure if this is the proper forum but, after some thought, I figured this was a cautionary tale and, though very awkward for me, should be shared with others.  Please note, I am very fragile with this subject; I have delicate sensibilities and would prefer never to speak of bodily functions.  Promptly upon posting, I will purge this event from my memory and continue as though it never happened.

My office building has poor plumbing.  There are two stalls in the ladies room; the one on the right being far superior than the one on the left thus, the stall on the right is the favourite.  Unfortunately, the stall on the right is not always available.  This is the situation I found myself in early last week.

As I approach the stall on the left I see paper remaining in the bowl.  Though not a subscriber to the ‘if it’s yellow let it mellow’ mantra, but having lived in a society where it is popular (Seattle), I’m not a stranger to using a toilet with paper remaining in the bowl (though I do throw up a bit in my mouth and am not completely comfortable with the idea; delicate sensibilities).  Upon flushing the toilet though, I immediately notice that the paper was not alone in the bowl.  To my horror, I had just used a ‘still in use’ toilet and I had just been pooh framed.

Of course, due to the inadequate plumbing, my flush doesn’t clear the bowl and now I’m a prisoner in a stall with someone else’s feces.  As my body begins to convulse with uncontrollable dry heaves, I become increasingly angry at my predicament.  I'm at work folks, not camping, not at a service station on the freeway, not in a mall.  One expects a bit of civility while at work.  Clearly, the nefarious cow that left me to clean up her disgusting mess is unaware of this distinction as well as under the misapprehension that she is either 1) a child or 2) The Queen.  

The lesson here is simple, if you're going to drop the kids off at the pool while at work you damn well better stay to make sure they're taken care of.  If you don't have the time then don't do the crime and definitely don't hide your shame, disguising your evil as an eco-friendly gesture.

For those wondering how the story ends, I spend very little time in public restrooms and even less when I know I'm not alone.  A 'still in use' toilet qualifies as 'not alone' so I quickly left the vicinity.  I was angry, disgusted, and traumatized when I left but I was kind enough not to stage the toilet like my predecessor.  The next user will have used the stall knowing its current state or, if someone like me, would not have used it at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I love it! "delicate sensibilities," "not camping," good stuff! I love this post...hilarious! You're laying down some hard truths.

DD said...

Something similar happened to me at the airport recently. The line was long and it was an extremely long flight (Seattle to DC), so I was pretty anxious when the stall door finally opened for me. Luckily it wasn't disguised, there was a tall pile of TP and I knew there'd be no hope if I had my turn there. Plus, my ladylike manners wouldn't allow me and I just shreaked pretty loudly (the last culprit was still washing her hands right there) and yelled how gross it was as I flung the door back open and took the front of the line again. I told the woman behind me she could go if she wanted to. Not sure if she did, but after I was done with the next decent stall, I saw the old one was in use. I didn't want to wait around for the flood that was sure to ensue after that.

Unknown said...

Good for you, DD! What separates us from animals is the ability to use a toilet properly and the right to publicly shame those who choose not to.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected