Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday Month

watching The Good Wife in my birthday cinema
April is our birthday month.  It used to be just my birthday month but in recent years I've started ceding the latter half to Mike.  For my celebrations this year Mike surprised me by creating a cinema in our flat with rented equipment from the university (projector and DVD player).  He also made me a lovely home movie/slideshow celebrating our years together.  It was very sweet and thoughtful and I enjoyed it immensely.

Since I possess no real creativity but am aces at planning holidays, I splurged on a weekend away for Mike's birthday.  We spent this last weekend in England's Lake District where we enjoyed Muncaster Castle, lambing season, and local real ales.  We had a great time!

Ravenglass, Lake District
There is no real news yet on the visa situation.  Mike's appointment with his adviser is next Tuesday after which we hope to begin working with some real options.  Until then, we're making peace with the possibility that the next few years may be different than originally planned and resolving to enjoy whatever time we may have left in the UK.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You certainly are aces at planning holidays!

Mike Benfer said...

Hey Desi, let me know how the meeting goes with the adviser. I hope you two get to stay in the UK. It seems like it could be lots of fun if you're allowed to do so.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected