Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Unemployment Ponderings

In 2007, I took a one month sabbatical between jobs.  I celebrated that sabbatical as though it was a well-deserved break; dining out with friends, drinking all day long, mid-day movies.  My current state of unemployment, however, does not feel like a well-deserved break.  On the contrary, it has me seriously re-thinking my short-term plans.

Dundee has a dearth of employment opportunities and my original plan, to rely on temp agencies for employment between holidays, is not working out.  Temp agencies are just not performing the same role here as they did in Seattle which means I'm going to have to figure something else out if this adventure is going to succeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have no fear, you'll get back to the midday drinking phase. We'll make this adventure work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected